ENERGY COMMUNITY ADOPTS FIRST SET OF THIRD ENERGY PACKAGE NETWORK CODES AND GUIDELINES
Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
The Energy Community Permanent High Level Group has adopted decisions on the adoption Network Codes and Guidelines for electricity and natural gas sectors:
- Guideline on Congestion Management Procedures for gas;
- Network Code on Interoperability and Data Exchange Rules for gas;
- Network Code on requirements for grid connection of generators in electricity;
- Network Code on requirements for grid connection of high voltage direct current systems and direct current-connected power park modules in electricity; and
- Network Code on Demand Connection in electricity.
Network Codes and Guidelines are regulations adopted based on the Third Energy Package aimed at setting common rules on secure system operation, market integration and market functioning. The decisions on the adoption of Network Codes and Guidelines are available here.
Deadlines for the transposition and implementation of the gas network code and guideline have been set for 1 October 2018, with some exceptions foreseeing a deadline of 2020. In the area of electricity, transposition is required by 12 July 2018, while the deadline for implementation expires three years from there on, mirroring the model applied at the EU level.